Farm and Rural Land Leases
Wednesday, March 15th, 2017 (inclement weather date March 22nd)
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Cayuga County Education Center
248 Grant Avenue, Auburn, NY
Register Here Registration required! Cost is $10 per person.
Have you ever wondered?
- Am I receiving a fair rent for my land?
- Do I need a written lease for my agricultural land?
- What points of consideration should I establish in my lease?
- How binding is this contract you have entered into?
Please join us in welcoming Steven Walker of Scolaro, Shulman, Cohen, Fetter & Burstein Attorneys and Counselors at Law. He will focus on business, estate, tax, succession and transactional planning for closely-held and family-owned enterprises, particularly those involved in agriculture.
Topics covered include:
- Does your lease include the 5 W's? Written, Who is involved, What is being leased, When will it be in effect, and When will I get paid?
- Clarify the difference between Right of first offer versus Right of first refusal
- Highlight points that can influence the strength or perspective the lease may provide.
Questions? Contact Peggy Lillie at 315-255-1183 ext 238 or email email@example.com
For more Regional Ag Workshops and Classes visit: